To ensure DIGNITY, give HOPE, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Positivity: Encourage the person to use their skills and abilities to succeed and to master new skills.
- Respectful: Respect each person’s choices, wishes and capacities.
- Meaningful: Create meaning in the life of each person by helping them give to and share with others.
- Relational: Reinforce relationship with care partners.
- Acceptance: Engage the full person – they are still there.
- Creative: Use the arts and all the senses to engage persons living with dementia.
- Inclusive: Include and involve all care partners in programs and activities.
- Open-minded: Employ all methods to reduce medications.
- Comprehensive: Reach persons with dementia living at home and in other settings.
- Involved: Include all persons living with dementia in their communities.
- Inventive: Take advantage of existing community resources.
- Encouragement: Help everyone living with dementia to learn and grow.
- Enlighten: Inform individual & community partners in positive new ways to engage persons living with dementia.