INNOVATION GRANT PROGRAM
The I’m Still Here Foundation is launching its 2022 Innovation Programs grant competition. We will be offering seed money for arts and community programs that engage and support persons living with dementia. Please let us know your idea and interest in funding by completing this form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2022. Those selected will be invited to submit full applications by March 15, 2022.
For further information, contact Mary Anne Grant, Executive Director, email@example.com.
2021 Grant Opportunity for Innovation Grants Program – awards for innovative community programs and activities for Persons Living With Dementia are:
- ‘Man’s Best Friend Innovative Community Engagement Program.’ submitted by Erica Arnold of Poydras Homes
- ‘Dementia Friend Specialized Virtual Exercise Classes.’ submitted by Kristine Shah of Town of Arlington, MA
- ‘Community Social Connections Program.’ submitted by Mary Holmes of Martha’s Vineyard Center For Living
- ‘Art Is…In’ program for professional curated art kits submitted by Fabiana Goodman of The Memory Center of the University of Chicago Medicine and GoldMind Arts and Aging
We are very excited about these innovative initiatives to improve the lives of PLWD – check this space often to follow each project as it progresses, and for a chance to observe the I’m Still Here Principles in action!
The I’m Still Here Foundation launched its Innovation Grant Program by extending an invitation to care partners, families, private and community groups, and organizations to provide a Letter of Interest for its upcoming grant opportunity. The Foundation was pleased to receive many very interesting and innovative project proposals. The Grant Committee completed the initial screening process, narrowed the applicant field, and selected 7 candidates to move forward by submitting full applications.
Each application will be assessed to ensure:
- that it meets ISH principles,
- that it creates a close link between program content and cognitive abilities of Persons Living With Dementia,
- that it is well planned and clearly targeted to needy populations,
- that funding is optimized for direct impact.
The Foundation offers individualized advice to those preparing submissions, as well as to successful grantees. Program successes and positive innovations will be celebrated and shared publicly in an open-source fashion to ensure maximum program impact.
Our 2021 awards have just been awarded. Be sure to submit your best ideas to us early in 2022 for next year’s program!
The I’m Still Here Foundation would like to extend a THANK YOU to everyone that provided a Letter of Interest. We appreciate your commitment to enhance the lives of Persons Living With Dementia.