Krama Yoga exists to support personal transformation and empowerment by providing yoga and life skills to children and adolescents who may be challenged by poverty, abuse, addictions, or lack of familial support. Krama Yoga is a non- political, non-profit, non-governmental Cambodian organization legally registered in the Kingdom of Cambodia since December 2010.
The Krama Yoga team aims to build and sustain a yoga community for people from all backgrounds, by providing yoga-based classes and programs that cultivate healthy bodies and cognitive skills. The team’s programs include children, teen and trauma sensitive yoga classes for young Cambodians through partnerships with NGOs that offer educational or therapeutic services to underprivileged youth. Krama Yoga team members believe that awareness, self-care and cognitive health are essential to becoming stable and empowered adults in a changing social environment.
Krama Yoga values, as embodied in its teaching and organizational structure, are inspired by the Yamas and Niyamas of yoga philosophy, the core tenets of Cambodian Buddhism, and the secular articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Our values are compassion, creativity, commitment, dignity and trust.
- We believe in the innate value of every human being and every living thing, and the inviolable right of living things to be shown respect.
- Self-awareness is the basis of an empowered life.
- Cultivating self-awareness and self-love enables a person to develop relationships based on mutual compassion and respect.
- A supportive community has the power to elevate an individual to achieve his or her potential.
- Every person has the potential and right to lead a meaningful and socially fulfilling life.
Thank you for your support!