Every program we support with seed funding helps others living with dementia. Last year’s donations enabled I’m Still Here to support five programs in 2021.
- In Massachusetts
- A town’s online yoga program for persons living with dementia is offered to surrounding communities by the town. These virtual programs overcome geographical boundaries.
- An equine therapy program helps persons living with dementia to get to know and care for ‘their’ horse for others living with autism to ride. Helping others is gratifying.
- A day care program is offering monthly community-based music events for persons living with dementia and their caregivers. Local media coverage is helping to reduce stigma that surrounds dementia.
- In Louisiana—collaboration with a local animal rescue shelter has persons living with dementia grooming and preparing animals for adoption to good homes. Loving care is catching, even to animals.
- In Chicago—art kits with paints, brushes, artwork to copy, and music lyrics assists couples living with dementia so they can build rapport together around joint art projects. A friendly phone call after they receive the kit further supports their abilities and engagement.
You can donate through this link: Donate or by mailing a check to I’m Still Here, 7 Wainwright Road #35, Winchester, MA 01890.
Please join us in helping more communities to discover and implement I’m Still Here nonpharmacological engagement programs for persons living with dementia and their care partners. Together we can help people flourish and live meaningful lives.